Dentistry has evolved on a large scale that has made it simpler to have a white smile. Gone are the days where only your favourite celebrities and idols could afford a perfect set of white teeth. Now, because dentistry has advanced, there are many treatments available to the public along with the identification of useful tips to keep teeth white at home.
It takes years of practice to wear that Hollywood smile, whilst it’s so easy for teeth to degrade due to poor oral health habits. If your teeth are in a healthy position and require some tweaks to lighten the shade of your teeth, follow these five helpful tips to maintain white teeth at home.
The Five Tips
- Brush Teeth With Baking Soda – Baking soda contains traits of hydrogen peroxide that helps to remove plaque build-up and eliminate any source of bacteria on teeth. Look for the mild-abrasive ingredient in toothpaste. Baking soda is good for discolouration and deep stains on the surface of teeth to make way for whiter teeth. Your oral health also benefits as it reduces tooth decay. Identify and consult your local Brisbane Queensland dentist for availability.
- Avoid Dark Foods – Consuming dark foods are the key culprit for staining in teeth. Reduce consumption of foods containing acids and sugars and consider consuming more calcium-sourced food that keeps teeth strong. Vegetables, soya, nuts and fish are prime examples of calcium-rich foods. After a meal, rinse your mouth with water to clear debris and avoid bacteria forming.
Read here to learn what food and drink stain teeth
- Avoid Coffee and Sodas – Coffee and Sodas stain teeth, plain and simple. Coffee is part of many people’s morning routine but may be unaware of the effect it can have on the shade of teeth. Sodas are sugary and acidic and regular consumption of this can lead to bacteria forming and decayed teeth.
- Coconut Oil Pulling – Your teeth benefit from ingredients that limit plaque and bacteria build-up. Coconut oil pulling is organic and can be used to swish in your mouth for a maximum of 30 minutes. Use a maximum of two teaspoons and rinse your mouth with warm water after. It has proven to reduce plaque to keep the whitening effect on teeth.
- Maintain Quality Oral Hygiene – Never neglect oral hygiene. Whilst the above tips are all part of maintaining quality oral hygiene, these are long term principles to keeping oral health positive for life. Ensure regular brushing and flossing twice a day to keep plaque clear from teeth, regularly consume water and adopt a healthy diet.
These tips should typically be followed after teeth whitening treatment or upon other treatments to keep teeth white for the long-term. It is unlikely that these tips would work in isolation. Therefore, after scale-and-polish or professional teeth whitening treatment, follow these tips to get you well on your way to a Hollywood smile. If you’re seeking the best professional teeth whitening treatment in Brisbane Queensland, make sure you’re familiar with the tips to consider getting the best results.